This was posted by Blogger Mwakio and warrants further discussion
We have made such proposals before but none of the EC members is thinking otherwise. We as fans should continue to appeal to EC to consider the following proposals that include the following:-
1. COMMERCIALISING OF CLUB ACTIVITIES: Commercialise sale of the club merchandise with real logos, water marks and security features that cannot be duplicated by fraudsters.
1. FOOTBALL EXCHANGE PROGRAMMES: Develop strategic alliances and partnership with foreign football clubs and academies in England, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Brazil, United States, Mexico, France, etc to explore exchange programmes. This can also run alongside with having relationship with diplomatic missions of these countries on technical matters and exchange programmes.
2. THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX: Innovative ideas such as the admin to come up with production of different merchandise like popular current replica affordable jerseys, unexplored caps, cups, track suits, towels, pens, jackets, watches, mobile phone covers, stickers, bags, pencils porches for school going kids, scarves, tyre or spare wheel cover, etc.
3. PROFESSIONALISM: Set up secretariat of the club with hired and salaried CEO, finance & commercial director, marketing manager, fund raising and sponsorship director, administration manager, procurement manager, football development manager, scouts women and youth football officer etc. However we can start with five fulltime official with a purpose of expanding the secretariat further to 18 full time staffs.
4. CONVERTING CLUB INTO A COMPANY: Turn club to a professional outfit and company.
5. SEASON TICKETS: Come up with secured club seasonal tickets at discounted rates.
6. INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES DEVELOPMENT: Come up with a plan to acquire land and build a club stadia, training ground, club house and club apartments for players.
7. STRONG FINANCIAL BASE: Come up with sound fundraising activities from members ranging from monthly contributions from kshs.100, 200, 400, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 etc to target 40000 fans throughout the country.
8. ORGANISATION STRUCTURE: Come up with governance structure and transparency blue point to build confidence of fans and other stakeholders.
9. CIVIC EDUCATION AND SENSITISING FANS: Develop training programme for fans to avoid incidences of hooliganisms.
10. DEVOLUTION STRUCTURE: Empower branches to co-ordinate club activities.
11. OPEN DAYS AND FANS DIALOGUE: Have club open days with fans to encourage dialogues and understanding of clubs on weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis
12. EXPLORE CAPITAL MARKET FUND RAISING OPPORTUNITIES: Develop massive fund raising activities such as exploring avenues of fundraising from the public under capital markets authority rules through IPO or private placement
13. INTERNAL CONTROLS AND ACCOUNTABILITY: Appoint external auditor.
14. GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE: Establish board of directors during the transition period that will see club’s long term strategy, vision and mission statement being developed with clubs core values and strategic intent.
15. BROADCASTING OPPORTUNITIES: Set up Gor Mahia TV that will work together with the league sponsors to bring live matches that are not shown by DSTV.
16. FOOTBALL YOUTH DEVELOPMENT: Set up academies of all age categories such as under 12, under 15, under 18 and under 21 teams with funding to be sourced from government institutions, NGOs and other sponsors.
17. GENDER SENSITIVITY: Develop women football team that can be associated with our Kogalo divas.
18. ETHICS AND CODE OF CONDUCT: Develop code of conduct for the new office bearers and publish what the stakeholders expect from our fans in terms of discipline and positive engagements.
19. STRATEGIC PLAN: Develop a 3 – year strategic plan of Gor Mahia with clear and sound objectives that include our mission statement, vision and core values that should be circulated to fans and other stakeholders.
20. SUSTAINABLE FINANCIAL BASE: Develop a long term and sustainable fund raising strategies without over burdening the fans
21. MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME: Develop a leadership programme for future club leaders, board of directors and management.
22. STRATEGIC ALLIANCES AND PARTNERSHIPS: Develop alliances and partnership with foreign football clubs and academies in Europe (Manchester United, Arsenal. Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Lyon, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Inter Milan, AC Milan, etc) African teams (Zamalek, Supersports, Orlando Pirates, Kaizer Chiefs, Sundown, Esperance, Asec, Asante Kotoko etc), South American clus (Corinthians, Boca Juniors, São Paulo, Independiente, River Plate, Flamengo, River Plate, Velez Sarsfield, Nacional, Santos etc), North American teams (D.C. United, Los Angeles Galaxy, Colorado Rapids, Columbus Crew, Real Salt Lake, Kansas City Wizards, Red Bull, Cruz Azul, Pachuca, UNAM, Guadalajara, etc).
Above are some of the good ideas that EC can be explored for the good of the club.