Peter Lwasa set to leave

faraja
Site Admin

Peter Lwasa set to leave

Post by faraja »

Lwasa who was Gor Mahia's top scorer in the 2021-2022 season is set to leave the club

Report from Mozzartsports
Lwasa has played for Gor Mahia for the last two years. His contract will not be renewed by the club.

Gor Mahia winger Peter Lwasa has announced his departure from Gor Mahia after the expiration of his contract with the 20-time league champions.

Lwasa’s last contribution for K’Ogalo was the second goal scored against Nairobi City Stars, a goal that completed the game's turnaround in the 4-1 demolition of Simba Wa Nairobi to seal the title win.

The former Sofapaka and Kariobangi Sharks man is now on his way out after his deal with the club elapsed. He has confirmed that the club was not keen on renewing his contract and that he will now explore other options.

"My two-year contract has expired today; there have been no renewal talks between me and the club, and I am now exploring other options; the Gor Mahia chapter is now closed," he told Mozzart Sport.

The player paid a glowing tribute to Gor for offering him an opportunity to play for and win the league with the Johnathan McKinstry-led team.

"I have had a great time at Gor Mahia; it was the first big club that I played for, and I cherished my time at the club. It is a period that I will remember because I won my first league title at Kenya’s best club. I am grateful to them for giving me this opportunity, and I wish them well for the future," he added.

He was also full of praise for the club faithful, whom he urged to keep supporting the team.

"I also want to thank the fans for the support that they gave us, especially in the just-concluded season, and urge them to keep turning up in numbers to support the team going forward.".

The Ugandan ruled out playing for another local team or going back to the Ugandan league.

"I have offers on the table that I am exploring. I have offers from teams outside Kenya and Uganda, and I will soon settle for one that I think is best for me.".

Lwasa first entered the Kenyan league in August 2019 when he signed for Sofapaka. Five months later, he joined the Kariobangi Sharks, where he lasted for 21 months before signing for the record-stretching league champions.