Gor Mahia Transfer News 2021-2022

faraja
Site Admin

Re: Gor Mahia Transfer News 2021

Post by faraja »

Gor Mahia are said to have signed Yusuf Mainge from AFC
The 21-year-old has ditched the Den and reports have already linked him with a transfer to former champions K’Ogalo
AFC Leopards defender Yusuf Mainge has confirmed his exit from the FKF Premier League side with reports linking the player with a move to rivals Gor Mahia.

The 21-year-old right-back has revealed his exit from the Den in a message on his social media pages by stating: “It’s time to say goodbye to AFC Leopards. I don’t know where to begin but I leave this club as a proper player having joined as a young boy from secondary school.

What did Mainge say?
“AFC Leopards gave me the first real chance of proper football where I had a taste of continental football and worked with some of the best coaches and players. We might have not achieved everything we wanted but enjoyed every bit of my stay there.

Goal now understands Ingwe's rivals Gor Mahia have already approached the player for his services and negotiations are currently going on.

A top K’Ogalo official, who did not want to be named, could not confirm nor deny the rumours but told Goal: “We are still in the market for quality players and if Mainge is one of them, then we are interested, I don’t have any further information about him.
faraja
Site Admin

Post by faraja »

"Attacking midfielder Austin Odhiambo, formerly of AFC Leopards, signs a two-year deal to be part of us," Gor Mahia confirmed on their official social media pages.
JamriaAmbo
Bench Warmer

Post by JamriaAmbo »

The best news and the best deal in this transfer window. That's how things are done.
faraja
Site Admin

Post by faraja »

After signing Miheso (pictured below), and John Makwatta, Kenya Police FC are also close to signing Harun Shakava

faraja
Site Admin

Post by faraja »

Frank Odhiambo has left for Djugarden FC of Sweden
It is now the next recruitment in Djurgården's investment ahead of the Allsvenskan 2022.

Despite great competition from, among others, France, he chose the Stockholm club in the end:

- My dream is to come to Sweden and adapt to the level as soon as possible, says the 19-year-old on the website.

Djurgården is not on the lazy side before the Allsvenskan 2022.

Now Bosse Andersson strengthens the midfield set-up with the Kenyan midfielder Frank Odhiambo.

The contract is written for five years for the 19-year-old.

He comes most recently from games in Gor Mahia, where Michael Olunga, among other things, played). Odhiambo has also represented Kenya's U20 and U23 national teams. In October 2021, the debut in the men's national team for the midfielder was also made.

In the club team, he has also played in the CAF Confederation Cup (African Champions League), despite his young age.

He says on Djurgården's website that Michael Olunga was an important part of the decision to sign for the blue stripes:

Odhiambo had offers from teams in France, Belgium and Lithuania, among others, but I chose Sweden and Djurgården in the end.

He is eager to start working with the team in the future:

- I'm hungry and want to show what I can do. I like to work hard and look forward to fighting for a place on the team. Then cohesion is important to me and I always play for the team's best. I usually have it easy for me socially so I will hopefully get into the team quickly, get to know everyone properly and then contribute out on the field. I also try to be a leader and help my teammates on the field.

However, it will be a while before he can start the preparations with the team, due to the fact that he has to settle with a visa.

Furthermore, he is fully ready to try to take a place in the starting eleven:

- My dream is to come to Sweden and adapt to the level as soon as possible. I know that I will come to a good environment and will continue the hard work that has taken me to where I am now. In the long run, I will try to take a place in the starting eleven and contribute to both my own development and success for Djurgården - this is my goal right now. I want to develop with Djurgården as a platform and then maybe even bigger challenges await later, sums up Frank who hopes to be on site at Kaknäs as soon as the administrative pieces are ready.

Bosse Andersson describes Odhiambo as a player with weight among other things:

- Frank is physically strong and wants to participate offensively in the build-up game, he is not afraid to move forward on the field. In addition, he has shown that he is dangerous in the opponents' penalty area with a strong main game so it will be interesting to follow his progress.