Gor Mahia Transfer News 2021-2022

faraja
Site Admin

Gor Mahia Transfer News 2021-2022

Post by faraja »

Kenneth Muguna off to Azam

Playmaker Kenneth Muguna, who has been in fine form this season, has left for Azam as was widely expected
Gor Mahia midfielder Kenneth ‘Juniour’ Muguna will join Tanzanian giants Azam FC after his contract ends with the reigning champions in October.

Azam Communication Director Zaka Zakazi in an exclusive interview with Nation Sport from Dar es Salam confirmed that the iconic midfielder was in Tanzania early this month and penned down a two year contract with the team.

Zakazi also revealed that the club paid Muguna 15000 dollars (Sh1.6 million), which is part of the signing fee to clear the Caf fine the Kenyan had been slapped with after he was found guilty of unsporting behaviour.

“Muguna flew here and we are happy that at last we have a player whom we have been chasing for the past three years despite strong resistance from Gor,” said Zakazi.

“What is only remaining before he joins us is the release letter from Gor and the proof of payment to Caf. We are aware the deadline to make the payment is Tuesday and have already sorted him out. He will receive the rest of the money once he joins us,” added Zakazi, who declined to quote the exact amount of fee agreed between the former K’Ogalo captain and the money bags.

Efforts to get a comment from Muguna proved a cropper as his phone went unanswered. Gor Mahia officials were also unavailable for comment.

In May, the continental football body fined Muguna and former K’Ogalo custodian Boniface Oluoch Sh1.6 million each for their role in chaos that rocked a Caf Confederation Cup qualifying match away to Napsa Stars of Zambia in February.

The two were also slapped with a four-month ban. The duo took their anger out on the match referee after Gor conceded a late penalty, a result which saw them crash out of the competition.

“We know of the four match ban and it is an issue which was addressed before the player committed with us,” added Zakazi.

The 25-year-old playmaker was stripped off the K'Ogalo captaincy in March and the armband handed to defender Harun Shakava. However, he has maintained his form on the pitch and helped the club win the FKF Betway Cup.
utegi
Bench Warmer

Re: Kenneth Muguna off to Azam

Post by utegi »

All the best to you captain
faraja
Site Admin

Re: Kenneth Muguna off to Azam

Post by faraja »

Muguna posts thanks you letter to Gor Mahia fans
Gor Mahia’s talisman Kenneth Muguna has paid tribute to the club’s supporters as he nears his exit from the team.

Muguna, 25, is expected to join Tanzania’s Azam FC when his contract with Gor expires in October.

Azam’s Communication Director Zaka Zakazi had on July 12 confirmed the development, saying the midfielder had signed a two-year contract with the team.

“Muguna flew here (Tanzania) and we are happy that at last we have a player whom we have been chasing his signature for the past three years despite strong resistance from Gor,” Zakazi told Nation Sport then.

In a Facebook post seen by Nation Sport Tuesday, Muguna thanked Gor’s supporters for the support that they have offered him during his time at the club.

He said that he is satisfied with what he has achieved at the club and that it was a great opportunity to “play under great coaches and management”.

“When I arrived at this great club, I was just a young man with dreams of representing the biggest club in the country. I didn't expect things to go as well as they did, but you (Gor Mahia’s fans) made it a lot easier for me and not to forget the high level of players with so much quality, who were always there to support and make me feel comfortable,” said Muguna.

He accompanied the post with the a photo of the team celebrating after they won the 2021 Football Kenya Federation Betway Cup at Nyayo National Stadium.

“Looking at what I have achieved at the club is so satisfying. I was lucky enough to play under great coaches and great management as well. Thanks to the chairman and the whole management for their effort in renewing my contract, though I felt like I needed a new challenge. Thanks for the years we spent together and I hope that we enjoy the remaining matches,” he added.

After honing his skills at the Kisumu-based Palos FC, Muguna joined Western Stima in 2007 until the end of 2015 when he moved to Gor.

In 2018, he moved to Albania’s KF Tirana, but his stay at the European side was short-lived due to injuries and off-the-field issues.

He then rejoined Gor where he developed to become the club’s backbone in the midfield. Apart from the 2021 FKF Betway Cup title, Muguna boasts of having helped Gor win the last four league titles.

faraja
Site Admin

Re: Gor Mahia Transfer News 2021

Post by faraja »

Reports indicate that Gor Mahia forward Clifton Miheso has turned down an offer to extend his contract with the club and is pushing for a move to Tusker FC. Miheso had asked the club to settle the money he is owed by the club before he could pen another contract. The club declined
faraja
Site Admin

Post by faraja »

From Mozzartbet.co.ke
Why Gor Mahia are signing players despite FIFA transfer ban

FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber ordered K'Ogalo to pay Ambundo Ksh1.3 million which led to the ban limiting the club from registering new players.

Gor Mahia's Sporting Director Lodvrick Aduda has explained why the club is signing players despite an active ban prohibiting them from registering new players until they clear arrears owed to their former player Dickson Ambundo.

Aduda noted that the club has been banned from registering players but not signing them, intimating that it is not a big deal as there are plans to clear the overdue payables to the player just like they did with former head coach Steven Pollack.

The Sporting Director went ahead to add that they are yet to receive grants from the FKF which they intend to use to clear the arrears, and thus they are signing players in anticipation that the money will be remitted to them in good time, which will, in turn, see the club pay Ambundo and have the ban lifted.

"The federation owes the club money. The grants that had been delayed at the Federation are yet to be given to the club. The amount of money that is due to the club from CAF has also not been paid. The regulations are very clear that you pay and the ban is lifted. There is no big deal, once the money is received those cases will be closed just like the case for the coach (Steve Pollack) has been closed after the club paid him,"

"The ban does not stop us from identifying players and having contracts with them in anticipation that once the ban is lifted we will present them for registration at the Federation. Nobody can stop us from signing the players because we know once we have the money we will clear and we will be good to go otherwise all the good players will have been snatched by the other clubs," Aduda told Mozzart Sport.

FIFA insists that the player registration ban on the club is already in place for both local and international players for three consecutive registration periods until the amount owed to Ambundo is paid.

In a clarification sent to Ambundo's representatives and seen by Mozzart Sport, FIFA maintained that the ban to register players does not limit Gor Mahia from signing new players, only their registration to play for the club.

"In this regard, please be advised that, as per our previous communication, a ban from registering new players, both nationally and internationally, has been implemented on the respondent, the club Gor Mahia, and we hereby confirm that the said ban is already in place.

"Nevertheless, as specified in the said decision, the ban is limited to registration of any new players, both nationally and internationally, up until the due amount is paid and for the maximum duration of three entire and consecutive registration periods; consequently, the club respondent, the Club Gor Mahia, can sign new players but, until the payment of the amounts due will be fulfilled, the ban will remain imposed and those new players signed by the respondent cannot be registered," part of the email from FIFA read.

The club has already signed 31-year old Malian goalkeeper Adama Keita from Cl Kamsar in preparation for the coming season despite having up to four other custodians including veteran Boniface Oluoch, Samuel Njau, FKF Cup hero Gad Mathews, and Kenya U23 keeper Caleb Omondi.
faraja
Site Admin

Post by faraja »

Story from goal.com
The 27-year-old Burkinabe midfielder played his last game for K’Ogalo in the 2-0 defeat against the Sugar Millers

Gor Mahia's exodus continued on Monday after midfielder Abdul Karim Nikiema confirmed his exit after only six months at the club.

The 27-year-old who joined K’Ogalo from Gandzasar Kapan FC of Armenia on a two-year deal on February 2, 2021, bid farewell to the players and the team’s technical bench after their final game of the season Sunday.

During the match, Gor Mahia suffered a 2-0 defeat against Nzoia Sugar to finish the season with a defeat and it was the first time in four years they had failed to win the FKF Premier League which was won by Tusker.
Editors' Picks

Tusker FC will find it tough to qualify for Caf Champions League group stage - Mutiso
Kaiky: Europe's biggest clubs queuing up to sign Santos' 'new Marquinhos'
More problems at Gor Mahia as Odhiambo claims money disappeared from bank account
Man Utd transfers: Camavinga deal unlikely, Pogba saga drags on and no West Ham bid for Lingard

A top source within the club has exclusively told Goal the Burkinabe player will not return to see through his remaining contract.
What did the source say?

“Karim [Nikiema] played his last match for Gor Mahia against Nzoia Sugar,” the source, who did not want to be named, told Goal on Monday. “He has bid the team farewell after the game and he will not come back.

“Like many players at the club, he is concerned that salaries are not being paid and so he wants to move on and get a team elsewhere, he doesn’t have a team at the moment, but he will seek to get one.

“It was the reason he captained the team against Nzoia, despite captain Harun Shakava playing in the game, the team wanted to give him a good send off and it is done, he will not return to play for Gor Mahia.”

Karim Abdul Nikiema of Gor Mahia.

On Sunday, Gor Mahia missed the services of their key strikers Tito Okelo and Jules Ulimwengu forcing new coach Mark Harrison to rely on inexperienced players for their final home game.

Speaking to Goal after Sunday's game, Harrison admitted they were beaten because they did not have their regular players in the squad.

“Tito [Okello] and Ulimwengu both disappeared from training and I have not seen them, they are all asking for money, they have not been paid and I cannot force them to come and play,” Harrison told Goal.

“It is unfortunate we find ourselves in such a situation but there is nothing we can do, we have to use the players available and move on.”
What did Okello say before?

In a recent interview, Okello openly claimed he will not stay at the club next season if they don’t pay him his accrued salary.

The towering South Sudanese forward confirmed he was owed a lot of money by the outgoing FKF Premier League champions and he will not see through his contract at the club “if they don’t pay me.”

“I’m fed up with the situation I’m in. The club owes me a lot of money and if they don’t pay me, I’m going to Uganda after our last game and won't come back again. They should just give my release letter when the season is done,’’ Okello said.

“It is a huge amount of money and I know they can’t pay it all. I’m frustrated in a foreign land. I'm waiting for the league to end so that I can go back home and look for another option.”
Article continues below

Apart from Okello, other players who have indicated they will not stay at K’Ogalo include defender Charles Momanyi and midfielder Clifton Miheso.

Gor Mahia have already made one signing so far this transfer window – 31-year-old goalkeeper Adama Keita - who joined from CI Kamsar of Guinea on a two-year contract.
faraja
Site Admin

Post by faraja »

From Citizen Sports
FIFA lifts transfer ban on Gor Mahia

The global football governing body FIFA has cleared Gor Mahia of the transfer ban it had imposed on them for failing to pay its former players their dues upon the termination of their contracts.

In a letter addressed to the club, FIFA noted that the complainants had received their payments from the club hence the proceedings were closed and the ban lifted.

“We take note from the mentioned correspondence that the creditor has received the amounts due by the respondent, the club, Gor Mahia FC, in accordance with the decision passed by FIFA (in accordance with Article 13 rules governing procedures of players’ status committee and the Dispute Resolution Chamber).

‘’As a consequence, we inform you that the present proceedings are closed and hence the transfer ban imposed has been lifted’’, added part of the letter,” part of the letter reads.

Last week, the club’s sporting director Lordvic Aduda had indicated that they were writing to FIFA after clearing Tanzanian winger Dickson Ambundo and Ugandan defender Shafique Batambuze.

Aduda had indicated that they had already identified potential players to beef their squad and were only waiting for a nod from FIFA.

Also in the list of complainants was the former tactician Steven Pollack who has also been cleared by the club. Among the potential Gor recruits is a Malian International shot-stopper Adama Keita who is reportedly already training with the club.

Long-serving goalkeeper Boniface Oluoch is still ineligible to play at the CAF Confederations Cup following a 4 match ban by CAF alongside a Ksh. 1.5 million fine imposed on him over the chaos that erupted in Zambia against NAPSA Stars early this year.

With three players having left, and with the goal drought witnessed last season, Gor will need to do much more on the attack as well as the defence ahead of their continental campaign.

In an earlier interview, assistant coach Sammy Omollo ‘Pamzo’ had hinted at poaching for lethal strikers saying despite having foreign goal poachers in the squad, Gor did not impress in their last League campaign.

‘’We will need more strikers and defenders. Our main undoing last season was the striking force. We did not score many goals as we expected,’’ said ‘Pamzo’.

The absence of Charles Momanyi who decamped to Tusker on mutual consent and Geoffrey Ochieng’s injury will call for a serious need of more defenders. Ugandan Fred Nkata remains the only left-back following the injury of regular starter Geoffrey Ochieng’.

The midfield will also need a beef-up after Kenyan international Kenneth Muguna left for Tanzania’s Azam at the end of last season. This is after the return of Francis Kahata to Gor hit a snag after K’Ogalo failed to meet his sign-on demand.

Club sporting director said they were unable to absorb Kahata due to the club’s week financial muscle
JamriaAmbo
Bench Warmer

Post by JamriaAmbo »

Farah the question is " can the EC and the TB really asemble a squad with inbuilt fire power and brilliance equal to lens Julian's of the 80s?"
If the club gets a coach who knows how to develop players like Len Julians did back then.
JamriaAmbo
Bench Warmer

Post by JamriaAmbo »

As someone had candidly put it " gima Zico Ochamo ok olal." Zico has assembled a historical squad with massive fire. With finance at his disposal is this the year for our bro Zico to rise to the occasion?
Back home, are we just having numbers but impotent?
Faraj time will indeed tell.
faraja
Site Admin

Re: Gor Mahia Transfer News 2021-2022

Post by faraja »

Reports suggest that Boniface Omondi has rejoined Kogalo