Gor Mahia hold League leaders KCB 0-0

faraja
Site Admin

Gor Mahia hold League leaders KCB 0-0

Post by faraja »

In Mark Harrison's second game in charge, Gor Mahia recorded a 0-0 draw against KCB
KCB Sunday moved level with Tusker at the top of the Football Kenya Federation Premier League (FKF-PL) on 58 points after battling to a barren draw with defending champions Gor Mahia at Thika Stadium in Kiambu.

Earlier at the same venue, Posta Rangers and troubled Western Stima registered the same result, while at Bukhungu Stadium in Kakamega, Banadari FC rallied from behind to beat Kakamega Homeboyz 2-1.

Nzoia Sugar saw off Wazito by the same scoreline at Sudi Stadium in Bungoma. The heavyweight clash between KCB and Gor was few of scoring opportunities as both sides opted to play cautiously.

Derrick Otanga, who is KCB's top scorer with 13 goals, was ulucky on 31 minutes as his chip, which beat Gor’s goalkeeper Samuel Njau, hit the post.

With three matches to the end of the season, Tusker are ranked top thanks to their superior goal difference.

Samuel Onyango
Reagan Otieno (left) of KCB vies for the ball with Samuel Onyango of Gor Mahia during their Football Kenya Federation Premier Leaugue match at Thika stadium on August 8, 2021.

Sila Kiplagat | Nation Media Group
"I think it (the barren draw with Gor) is not a bad result. We are level with Tusker on points and what we should do now is remain focused in the three remaining matches," said KCB's coach Zedekiah Otieno.

Gor's new coach Mark Harrison said: "It was a fair play by my team considering the circumstances. KCB dominated in the first half but we finished the second half well. I am happy we kept back-to-back clean sheets."

The Briton had guided Gor to a 1-0 win over Homeboyz on August 4.