Lawrence Juma: Club officials were not interested in renewing my contract

faraja
Site Admin

Lawrence Juma: Club officials were not interested in renewing my contract

Post by faraja »

Gor Mahia lost influential midfielder Lawrence Juma because club officials declined to engage in contract negotiations when his contract was running out. Juma spoke to goal.com
The 28-year-old, who has so far scored four goals for Batoto ba Mungu in the top-flight for the current campaign, has now revealed his decision to leave K’Ogalo was not motivated by money, only that he wanted a new challenge.

“My contract was running out and I even wrote a letter to the management, but they didn’t respond to it. What could I have done if nobody was talking to me and nothing was being put on the table. If they had engaged me, maybe we would be talking about different things.

“By the way, all my moves have been unexpected and I’m not the kind of person who voices my views to the press each and every time. But as a player when your demands are not met, you have no option but to move.

“Unless you are comfortable and everything else is working out for you, there is nowhere it is written that you will play for one team forever. This is football and you never know what happens next, these are big decisions that people have to make with a lot of consultations. The move happened and life has to go on.”

Juma has also apologised to the team and the fans after he was red-carded during their last league match against Nzoia Sugar which they lost 2-1.

“I would like to apologise for the red card, it’s just a moment of madness from my end; things happened so fast that day. But it’s not lost yet and I urge my teammates to try and bounce back in the next game against [Nairobi City Stars]," he added.

On whether Sofapaka are in the race to win the title, Juma said: “The season is not over yet, we need to continue pushing for more points, work hard and be consistent.
lawi
Apprentice

Re: Lawrence Juma: Club officials were not interested in renewing my contract

Post by lawi »

You choose to leave Kogalo , you should have raised the issue then but now is too late just serve your new employers and forget about Kogalo .Whatever your saying now won't help anyone