Napsa match is more important than AFC Derby. Next assistant coach results oriented or just a CAF A certificate holder?

T Opiyo
Second Half Substitute

Napsa match is more important than AFC Derby. Next assistant coach results oriented or just a CAF A certificate holder?

Post by T Opiyo »

We must move away from letting the Derby define our season.
We have an even bigger game on Valentine's Day in terms of Gor Mahia reputation and financial status against Napsa F.C.
Hopefully the office will ensure that the team will beat Napsa.
Failure means the KES.15m financial deficit crystallizes.
A KES.15m deficit at this stage means go slows may rock our season.
    On the possible GMFC assistant coach. Are the names being touted result oriented or just certificate holders.

Unqualified coaches outshining CAF A coaches in Kenya Premier League.
    1) Tusker FC. Position in FKFPL no.1. Coach Robert Matano "unqualified".
    2) AFC Leopards. Position no.4. Coach Anthony Kimani "unqualified".
    3) Posta Rangers Position no.14. Coach Pamzo, CAF class A coach.
    4) Mathare United Position 17. Coach Salim Ali, CAF class A coach.
    utegi
    Bench Warmer

Re: Napsa match is more important than AFC Derby. Next assistant coach results oriented or just a CAF A certificate hold

Post by utegi »

I am just hoping that travel arrangements ziko sawa and players have been paid. I would hate to see players go on strike before the NAPSA game. Or to see players sleeping in airport due to bad travel arrangements.
    faraja
    Site Admin

Re: Napsa match is more important than AFC Derby. Next assistant coach results oriented or just a CAF A certificate hold

Post by faraja »

Coach Pinto is confident of beating Napsa
    NAIROBI, Kenya, Feb 10 – Gor Mahia head coach Carlos Manuel vaz Pinto is confident the team will qualify for the group stages of the CAF Confederation Cup as they prepare to host Zambia’s Napsa Stars in the first leg on Saturday in Nairobi.
    A win against the Zambians over the two legs will earn Gor a place in the group stages for the third time in four years and Pinto is keen on achieving this.
    “We always know that the games in CAF are different from the games in the league. We know that Napsa have not started the season well in Zambia but again the CAF games are a different story. We have started analysing our opponents and will prepare well for the two games,” stated the tactician.
    Gor are looking to get into the ‘money bracket’ of continental football and will hope to do better than two years back when they reached the quarter finals.
    “This is our goal to reach the group stages. It is important to not only Gor Mahia but to Kenya and of course, all the players dream of playing at this stage. It gives them some different image outside the country but the most important for Gor is to get better CAF rankings,” the tactician offered.

AFC Leopards striker Elvis ‘Machapo’ Rupia was a heavily marked man and Andrew Juma was always on his ankles.

Gor warmed up for the Napsa two-legged tie with a cold Mashemeji Derby draw against arch-rivals AFC Leopards last Sunday with the coach noting he picked up several lessons to help them work on improving for the important duel.
    Reflecting back on the derby, Pinto said he was not pleased with the result but notes the positives were there as well, especially the fact that they kept a clean sheet.
    “I am not happy with result because we always play to win games. We played very well in the first half and we created some chances but we didn’t score. That is something that we need to work on and improve,” he says.
    Pinto added; “We didn’t concede goals and when I came in, this was the main problem in the team. Now we have improved because I don’t remember one clear chance our opponents had. I am happy because we are now better.”
    Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

He now switches his attention to Napsa with the tactician coming up against two former Gor Mahia players, defender David Odhiambo and goalkeeper Shabaan Odhoji.