Sonko paid for Gor Mahia's trip to Zambia?

utegi
Bench Warmer

Sonko paid for Gor Mahia's trip to Zambia?

Post by utegi »

I see a report saying that Sonko is the one who paid for Gor Mahia's trip

Goal has now obtained recorded audio of ‘Sonko’, who is admitted at a Nairobi hospital, speaking to the club’s chairman Ambrose Rachier after he gave the team USD5,000 to secure tickets for the trip.
“I am still admitted at a Nairobi Hospital but was upset to hear my beloved team is stranded and yet to travel to Zambia for the Caf fixture,” ‘Sonko’ told Rachier in the recorded conversation.
“I have been told by one Brian the team is stranded so I have decided to give some little support, at least USD5,000 to make sure the team travels, and I hope the money reached you,” ‘Sonko’ explained to Rachier, who responded by saying he had indeed received the money.
“You know me I am a Gor Mahia fan, and I don’t like seeing the boys suffering or getting stranded anywhere and Brian is a very good friend to me, he is like a brother to me? ‘Sonko further told Rachier.
In his response, Rachier thanked ‘Sonko’ for helping the team, and wished him a quick recovery.
“We appreciate your support and as a club, we are praying for your quick recovery.”