Wellington Ochieng sells Gor Mahia bus

faraja
Site Admin

Wellington Ochieng sells Gor Mahia bus

Post by faraja »

A report from reporter Carol Radull suggests that former Gor Mahia fullback Wellington Ochieng has sold the Gor Mahia bus to recover salary arrears. It speaks to the incompetence and corruption of Gor Mahia officials. FIFA had also earlier slapped a ban on Gor Mahia for signing players and never paying them.

A month ago a report appeared in the Daily Nation
Kenyan footballer Wellington Ochieng has successfully petitioned the commercial court to auction Gor Mahia’s bus in a bid to recover salary arrears he’s owed by the football club.

The defender successfully sued Gor Mahia at the Milimani Law Courts.

Nairobi News understands his arrears are in excess of Sh1 million.

As per an advert in the media, Charlton Auctineers will conduct the sale. The said vehicle, registration number KBP 040V, will be sold as is where is basis. Interested buyers

Sale is subject to the served price and interested buyers will need to deposit 25% of the asking price to stand a chance of purchasing the vehicle.

The attaching of the bus for auction has reportedly left the Premier League club in financial confusion.

The club’s management has since been forced to source for alternative means to transport its players to and from training and matches.

Gor Mahia is a popular football club in Kenya with a significant support base but has struggled to remain financially afloat with several pending debts owed to players and service providers.

The club is currently serving a ban imposed on it by Fifa for failing to pay its players on time and are not allowed to register new players.

Ochieng, 27, represented Gor Mahia for two years between 2016 and 2018.

He commenced his youth career in Kisumu, appearing in the Kisumu Youth Football Association for Amani FC and Urusi FC.

He then captained Agrochemicals FC in the third tier league before joining Muhoroni Youth before his impressive returns on the pitch attracted the interest of Gor.

The right full back has also represented the Kenya national football team.
faraja
Site Admin

Re: Wellington Ochieng sells Gor Mahia bus

Post by faraja »

In yet another transfer corruption scheme, In 2019, Derek Otanga revealed that specific Gor Mahia officials demanded a cut of his sign-on bonus

Report from goal.com
Derrick Otanga reveals why his move to Gor Mahia failed

Apart from Wazito, Gor Mahia had shown intense interest to sign Otanga from Sony Sugar ahead of the 2019/20 season

Wazito striker Derrick Otanga has explained how his move to Kenyan Premier League (KPL) Gor Mahia failed to see the light of the day.

Before signing for Wazito last month, the former Sony Sugar striker was linked with a move to K'Ogalo.

Currently in possession of Goal is a leaked audio file, in which the striker is having a conversation with an unnamed Gor Mahia official over the issue of a sign-on fee, which became a bone of contention between him and club officials.
Article continues below

"It is only after I was about to sign for Wazito that Gor Mahia showed intense interest for my services thereafter. It later emerged that four people inside Gor Mahia wanted a share of my sign-on fee," Otanga confesses in the audio.

"I was surprised at how the officials quickly turned to act as agents and also that the sign-on fee is always not paid in full.

"Whether I was to get the money first then share with them or they wanted to get it first then share with me, I don't know because I am not aware how things are done within your team.

"I had no one inside the team who could have given me the insights on how the transfer activity is conducted at Gor Mahia. But then I had been warned before that the sign-on fee was sure to bring confrontation since that money is always hard to be paid in the first place."

Otanga went on to mention club treasurer Sally Bolo, chief executive officer Lorvick Aduda as the officials who wanted a cut in the transfer money, as well as a 'Mr. Steve'.

Aduda was not immediately available for comments when contacted by Goal.

"Your Secretary madam Sally [Bolo], Lordvick Aduda, and Steve were the three guys who asked for a share of my sign on fee," Otanga added.

Otanga signed for the KPL returnees after scoring 13 goals for Sony Sugar in the recently-concluded KPL season.
Derrick Otanga reveals why his move to Gor Mahia failed

Post by Guest »

People, can this clue less Bolo get out and leave Gor alone??? As for Aduda who walks in and out of Gor desires the eye..serious collision with the chairman

Post by Guest »

How dare him resign to compete with Nick Mwendwa only to loose and still come back?
Pap Onditi

Post by Pap Onditi »

Guest wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:46 pm People, can this clue less Bolo get out and leave Gor alone??? As for Aduda who walks in and out of Gor desires the eye..serious collision with the chairman
Gor Mahia really needs honest officials. Rachier has tolerated cartels for too long.