Gor Mahia Transfers 2023

faraja
Site Admin

Gor Mahia Transfers 2023

Post by faraja »

Kevin Juma

From Mozzartbet
Juma has signed a four-year contract with the 20-time league champions.

Nzoia Sugar's fairytale run in the just concluded season is coming at a cost with top guns now after all their best players. Days after losing Boniface Munyendo to AFC Leopards, the Millers have now lost another key player, this time to the league champions, Gor Mahia.

K'Ogalo have commenced their rebuilding ahead of their return to the CAF Champions League next season by acquiring the services of Nzoia Sugar midfielder Kevin Juma.

The defensive midfielder, who was on the radar of AFC Leopards, Ulinzi Stars, and Tusker FC, among other clubs both within and outside the Kenyan borders, has signed a four-year contract with the club and will be part of what could be a new-look Gor midfield in the 2023–24 season.

"It is true I have signed for Gor Mahia. We had already agreed on the deal weeks ago, and I have inked a four-year deal with the club. I am excited about this new chapter in my career," the combative midfielder told Mozzart Sport.

Juma has been with the Millers for close to six years and has been linked with moves away from the club in the last three transfer windows. He says he felt that it was time for him to leave Bungoma's comfort zone and is looking forward to a successful run with Gor.

"It's an exciting phase that I am looking forward to. Nzoia has been my home for many years, and I feel that the time is ripe for me to try out a new club in a different environment," he added.

On why he snubbed other clubs for Gor, Juma said the desire to lift titles pushed him towards the Johnathan McKinstry-coached team.

"I had many offers, but as you know, Gor is at a different level. They are a big team with ambitions; they don't just participate in the league; they play to win the league, and I definitely want to be part of such success. The team will also play in the CAF Champions League, and that was another motivating factor in me settling for them.".

At Gor Mahia, he will be in direct competition with Ernest Wendo for that defensive midfield spot but could also partner the seasoned midfielder in the middle of the park, as was evident at Nzoia Sugar, where he and Munyendo, viewed by many as similar in style, complimented each other.

He is viewed as a replacement for Shafik Kagimu, who last week left the club for North Macedonia. Another player whose contract has expired is Ugandan winger Peter Lwasa.

Juma is a full Kenyan international and made his Harambee Stars debut in March 2021 against Togo in an African Cup of Nations qualification match.
faraja
Site Admin

Re: Gor Mahia Transfers 2023

Post by faraja »

Alvin Ochieng

From Mozzartbet
Ochieng has already struck a pre-contract deal with the record Kenyan champions.

Gor Mahia are set to complete the signing of former FC Talanta FC right-back Alvin ‘Chicha’ Ochieng in the coming days, Mozzart Sport can exclusively report.

The marauding right back terminated his contract with the Ken Kenyatta-led team after two seasons, and he is now set to link up with Johnathan McKinstry’s side, which is currently rebuilding ahead of the new campaign that starts in August. The club also makes a comeback in the CAF Champions League after winning the league title in 2023.

In an interview, the player confirmed that his transfer to the record league champions is all but complete, with everything agreed upon. He is set to join K’Ogalo on the Bosman in the course of the week.

"I am no longer an FC Talanta player; we parted ways weeks before the season, and at the moment I am a free agent. I have an agreement in principle with Gor Mahia, and I will sign my contract with the club in the coming days," he stated.

The former Kisumu All-Stars and Wazito FC man is excited about the potential move to Gor’s backyard, as he believes that it is a transfer that will build him career-wise.

"I did not need much convincing to join Gor because they are a big club and I am there to help the team, grow as a player, and win titles," the former Kenya U20 defender added.

At Gor, he will compete for the right-back position with captain Philemon Otieno and youngster Paul Ochuoga.

Chicha becomes Gor Mahia’s second off-season signing after the arrival of Kevin Juma from Nzoia Sugar FC.
faraja
Site Admin

Post by faraja »

Kenya Police have beaten Gor Mahia to two signatures of players that Kogalo was pursuing. Kenneth Muguna whose stint in Tanzania recently ended and Tyson Otiieno who has impressed this season, while playing for Kariobangi Sharks. Otieno is a brother to Austin Odhiambo

faraja
Site Admin

Post by faraja »

Austin Odhiambo may also be on his way to Police FC

From Pulse.co.ke
Gor Mahia’s out-of-contract midfielder Austin Odhiambo has revealed he could be departing the club on a permanent basis after “failing to reach any form of agreement” on a contract extension at the club.

Odhiambo became a free agent on Friday 30 June, two years after joining the club from sworn rivals AFC Leopards for a reported Ksh10 million.
Big spending Police now plot final assault at FKFPL title after upstaging Gor Mahia in transfer market
FOOTBALL
FKFPL: Big spending Police now plot final assault at FKFPL title after upstaging Gor Mahia in transfer market

The talented midfielder played an integral part in helping K’Ogalo clinch a historic 20th league title in the recently concluded FKF Premier League season.

The attacking midfielder revealed he held talks extensively with the club, but failing to reach an agreement has now left him with no choice but to consider offers from other clubs.

"We had a second meeting today (Monday) with the club management but we did not reach any form of agreement. I am now going to consider the other offers on the table," the out-of-contract midfielder said as per local journalist Kevin Teya.

Gor Mahia parted ways with the Ugandan duo of Peter Lwasa and Shafiq Kagimu, who also failed to renew their contracts following the expiry of their deal.

Should the club fail to tie down Odhiambo, it will be a big blow to head coach Johnathan McKinstry, who has made the midfielder an integral part of the team and the prime creative hub of the record champions.

“I said last week in a one-on-one session with Odhiambo and told him he has the potential to be the best player in Kenya,” McKinstry told the press following a 2-0 win over Ulinzi Stars back in May.

“He only has to believe in himself more. He has that potential and he just has to work for it.”

As the Green Army prepare for next season’s CAF Champions League campaign, they will be hoping they can agree terms with Odhiambo soon.

Post by Guest »

Where is Austin Odhiambo??
Pap Onditi

Post by Pap Onditi »

Guest wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:17 amWhere is Austin Odhiambo??
He and Ngangah weren't impressed by the contracts offered and are headed elsewhere