Gor Mahia team of the decade: 2000-2009
1. George Odhiambo “Taffarel: A solid goalkeeper who would often step forward to take penalties.
2. Francis Akango “Jakambare”: A solid no nonsense fullback
3. Chris Wekesa: A burly fullback whose solid play in 2008 and 2009 saw him called to the national team
4. Eric Masika “PPO”: The youthful Masika was a crowd favourite in 2009
5. Julius Owino “Awilo”: A natural leader who captained club and country
6. Andrew Oyombe: Effectively shielded the defence and featured prominently for the national team and also played in Europe
7. Kenneth Omondi: Was voted Transparency cup MVP in 2005
8. Zablon Otieno “Pro”: Skillful left footed midfielder who was a brilliant playmaker.
9. Emmanuel Wakata: A free scoring attacker who later played in Rwanda
10 George Odhiambo “Blackberry”: His best years were between 2008 and 2010 when he was league MVP
11. Habil Otieno: An effective goal poacher who scored often from half chances.
Patrick Oyiengo “Adesh”,
Jimmy Bagaye, Robert Oluoko, Charles Odipo, Dan Onyango, Tony Onyango, Andrew Ongwae, Tom Odundo, Charles Ojwang, Nathan Munai, Steve Biko, Sylvanus Onyango, Bramwel Karamoja, Ibrahim Kitawi, Duncan Owiti “Macheda”, Stephen Ochola, Elisha Ochieno “Achach”, John Kiplagat
2 thoughts on “Gor Mahia team of the decade: 2000-2009”
Surprised you missed out on William Oloo – both Oloo and Oyiengo were more prolific than Wakata. Also Ken Oliech not even in the mentions? Looks like you overlooked the 2005 & 2006 seasons.
Good points Pundit